chknet.io - secure XMPP server for covert operations
- — Tor access on chknetccs4xt256b.onion port 5222 (s2s is also available!)
- — Clearnet access on mesh network
- — No logs
- — Hashed passwords (SCRAM)
- — Registration is OPEN and FREE - 1. register a ChkNet ID account (activation/payment not required, just skip it) 2. login 3. create a JID
- registration via Tor, registration via clearnet
- You can always change your JID password inside the ChkNet ID account (Tor login, clearnet login)
- Note: Your ChkNet ID and Jabber passwords are not synced and will be different in case you change one of them! Always remember both.
We use a self-signed certificate because we believe there are no certificate (and not limited to) authorities you should trust, only trust yourself and our original certificate fingerprints:
The above example shows a Psi+ client, if the fingerprint is different for you it means your ISP, proxy or VPN provider is trying to tamper your connection. Decent XMPP clients usually alert users whenever a certificate fingerprint change.
Don't be an idiot and remember to always use PGP, OMEMO or OTR to encrypt your communications!